Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Trouble With Enthusiasm


After nearly two weeks my knee is practically back to normal. Just twinges here and there as I walk or lift my leg a certain way.

What's odd is, my knee was really bothering me after walking last Wednesday and bothering me some on Friday too.

Saturday any major aches and pain was gone 

So, I will start back this week. Not running but walking. There are a few things I want to get done before I go all out again.

1) A trip to the chiropractor. My back is all sorts of out-of-whack not to mention hips etc. after having my third child. If all that is out then I'm not running as I should which can put undue stress on different joints. Only problem is there's still some of that hormone in my body to keep joints loose during pregnancy so I may have to make multiple trips.

2) I want to get my running gait analyzed. Not that I'll run out and drop a ton on another pair of shoes right away but perhaps some inserts where needed.

3) Continue leg stretching and strengthening exercises.

I am very eager to get back to running but it's my enthusiasm that got me into trouble in the first place. I have to force myself to take it slow. I'm even considering waiting one more week but I doubt that will happen. We'll see how things go on Tuesday. I'll let my body decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment